WORDS FROM THE RUNWAY…
With June just around the corner that can mean only one thing…Wedding Season is upon us. This year it’s extra special because I, like so many others before me, join the ranks as I go from bridesmaid…to bride!
I know, I can’t believe it either. It seems like only yesterday I was sitting front row during L.A. Fashion Week wondering which designers to cover, picking out my outfits weeks in advance, prepping for editorial shoots and trying to navigate L.A.’s crazy dating scene. Now I’m 5 ½ months away from saying “I Do” and we just bought six house plants. My how times have changed–but I digress.
Going from bridesmaid to bride can be a little scary, there’s so much to be done, vendors to coordinate, invitations to send out and parties to attend that you can sometimes forget about taking care of yourself! But, this is hardly the time to forget about you! Or your bridal party for that matter, as any of the products mentioned below can work wonders for your bride-tribe. So without further ado, I give you–the Top 5 Best Bridal Beauty Products according to, well, myself. In no particular order:
1) DDF Glycolic Toning Complex – On your wedding day you want to put your best face forward. Heck, that’s every day, who am I kidding. For that, I turn to Dr. Howard Sobel’s DDF Glycolic Toning Complex. It’s a toner that may help to minimize the appearance of fine lines, reduce the look of pore size (good for photo-ops), and helps to improve the texture of your skin.
It’s formulated with AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) which is known to help increase surface cell turnover (make sure to wear sunscreen as this ingredient has been known to increase your risk of developing a sunburn) for that youthful glow every bride-to-be needs! It’s safe to use multiple times a day, or after cleansing as a toner. Think of it as a quadruple threat as it can cleanse, treat, moisturize, and protect. So have at it ladies, I know I’ll be using this product daily (or once a week) as I begin my final approach to that alter.
2) Malin + Goetz Revitalizing Eye Cream – Everyone knows’s I’m a crier, I’m not ashamed of it–I tend to cry at the drop of a hat. A baby kitten is saved from a fire, those SPCA commercial’s with Sarah McLachlan in the background–yup I’m sobbing. Along with the tears comes puffy eyes, and no one wants that, especially on their wedding day. But Malin + Goetz takes it one step further, this eye cream is like a genie in a bottle–except it’s not a bottle so much as it’s a blue little pot of gold. When I say little, I mean little. The .05fl.oz will set you back $92.00 but for good reason—it’s intense and a little goes a long way.
De-puff, and reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles and dark circles with Malin + Goetz revitalizing eye cream. The cream for brides, MOTB, bridesmaids, grandma, you get the idea. The advanced firming peptides, marine algae, grapeseed oil, sunflower oil deliver a lightweight intense moisturized feeling, that will leave you and your eyes I-do ready in no time.
3) The MAKEUP Drop – Everyone’s obsessed with beauty blenders, brushes, and blobs. Okay, the last one I made up, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s in the works. That said, there are more ways than ever to apply your concealer, foundation, BB Cream or whatever current coverup you are toting. Each method has its pluses and its minuses, each one can do wonders for your makeup regimen and look. However, today, I’m here to introduce you brides and brides-to-be to the Makeup Drop.
This silicon little gem is cruelty-free, non-toxic, and paraben-free. Plus, it doesn’t soak up all of your product like some of those other applicators. It’s smooth surface and texture helps to glide foundation or product clear across your skin. Like ice-skating, on a pristine clean sheet of ice, The Makeup Drop will leave your skin flawless, like you’ve been kissed by air. Which is good, because on your wedding day you definitely will be floating-on-air, so why not also be kissed by it? Am I right?!
The best part, there are multiple ways to use your Drop. Freeze it and apply your moisturizer under the eye for a quick de-puff before your close up. Use it on lip stains to dab a drop of color on your pout, or smear it across your visage for an all over smooth finish. Ladies, I’m sold! Stop. Drop. and Makeup with The Makeup Drop.
4) Philip B. Rejuvenating Oil Treatment – Your tresses are one of the main attractions on your wedding day, so you want to be sure your hair is in tip-top shape for the big day. One way to do just that is by prepping. You definitely want to start early, and I suggest using Philip B. Rejuvenating Oil Treatment at least once a month leading up to the big day. Try once a month, see how it goes, if you still notice dryness up the amount. The Philip B. team recommends the below guidelines for just starting out.
For parched or damaged hair–use twice a week; on dry hair, once a week; and on normal hair 1-4 times a month. For a dehydrated scalp, use once or twice a week.
Be sure to follow the directions carefully, and always practice good judgment when trying new products. If you have fine to oily hair this may not be the right product for you. However, if you have coarse, thick, and color-treated hair like me–then this is definitely the product for you! Give it a whirl, just make sure you try the product well before your wedding. I don’t want to hear about any day-of I do disasters. I’ve touted the miracle that is Philip B. on WFTR for the last couple of years. Trust me, it’s one of those products you’ve got to try.
5) SMD Cosmetics Snail Secretion Cream – Now I know what your thinking…what the heck, Dana is losing it. But, fear not friends, this stuff is the ish. Yeah, it’s 62% snail secretion, yeah…it’s snail secretion…but there’s more to it than just snail juice.
According to SMD’s website, Saromae Quintessential Snail Serum is
“a natural innovative skin – restoring solution, for even the most sensitive skin…Designed to offer the perfect balance of natural ingredients, formulation, and viscosity to achieve optimum results in feel, absorption, and efficacy. Help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, hyperpigmentation, sun damage and acne scarring to help restore youth and beauty. Ancient Herbal Science combined with breakthrough innovation, this high-performance, multi-functional serum is designed to do it ALL: deeply hydrate, help reverse and prevent signs of aging, help repair and brighten skin and help protect against environmental aggressors.”
As mentioned before it’s not just snail secretion there’s also Forsythia Virdissima Fruit, which helps to reduce the appearance of pigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles. Licorice Root helps to brighten the skin and even skin tone. Paeonia Lactiflora root, a super potent antioxidant that fights against free radicals. It’s also safe, non-toxic, dermatologist tested, cruelty-free, and NOT tested on animals. SMD cosmetics is at the forefront of #Kbeauty trend. That’s keyword speak for Korean Beauty Trend–which is having a revitalization and explosion in the American market. SMD Cosmetics makes a ton of other beautiful skin products and kits if you aren’t quite ready to try the Snail Serum. However, I suggest you do—before you say I Do. Trust, this one is a game-changer.
So there you have it, the top 5 Best Bridal Beauty Products to try before your big day!
Article from: http://wordsfromtherunway.com/